The modern political, social, humanitarian and cultural conditions formed at the beginning of the second decade of the 21stcentury outline a dynamically evolving and rapidly changing reality which is characterised not only by crises, threats, uncertainties and concerns, but also by opportunities, transformations and reversals. Education is a social phenomenon which interacts directly with social life; it is influenced by it and it may also influence it, play a leading role and meet modern challenges.
Given the rationale provided, the (Pedagogical) Department of Primary Education at the University of Ioannina organises an International Conference which aims at:
- The exchange of experiences, fruitful reflection and creative dialogue between the members of the educational community as far as modern challenges are concerned.
- The publication/presentation of contemporary scientific assumptions and research data with the ultimate goal of co-formulating proposals for a modern educational reality.
- The presentation and promotion of innovative and alternative practices for all levels of education, in the fields of formal, informal and non-formal education as well as adult education.
- Teacher awareness, teacher role redefinition and teachers’ flexible adaptation to the modern challenges imposed by technology, globalisation and the constant changes of the social and cultural environment.
- The reassessment and record of educational reality towards a human-centered and sociocentric education.
The Conference will include:
- Oral presentations
- Poster presentations
- Thematic symposia
- Experiential workshops
- A special session entitled “Students talk”
- Parallel educational activities/sessions
Conference languages: Greek &English
Indicative thematic areas
- Theory and practice in teaching and learning (didactic innovations, differentiated teaching, didactics, experiential learning, interdisciplinarity, transformative learning, etc.)
- School and society (connecting schools to society, school life, school climate, educational programs, projects, etc.)
- Organisation and Administration of Education. Educational policies
- Educational evaluation
- Curricula and textbooks
- Teachers’ professional development
- School – Family cooperation
- Epistemological and philosophical approaches to education
- Research in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Educational Psychology / School Psychology / Developmental Psychology / Socio-cognitive development of children, etc.
- Sociology of Education
- History of Pedagogy and Education
- Vocational and Educational Counseling
- Inclusive Education (special education, interculturalism, refugee education, etc.)
- Intercultural Education
- Digital technology and education
- Environmental and Sustainability Education
- Natural Sciences in Education
- Mathematics in Education
- Literature in Education (Greek and foreign literature in Primary Education, classic and modern children’s literature, etc.)
- Teaching Greek as an L1/second/foreign language
- Arts, culture and education (art classes in primary school, theater education, music education, art, museum education, the use of art in teaching, performing arts and education, arts and ICT in education, etc.)
- Popular culture and Education
- Physical Education and Health Education
- Foreign languages in Education
- Adult Education
- Innovative pedagogical and didactic actions / practices. Teaching scenarios.